We are a small family business that operates under strict licence regulations imposed by the City of Stirling and Surfing Australia. Our licence stipulates how many students we can have at any one time.
We get booked out every session and if you don’t turn up for your pre-booked lesson; we still have to pay our staff, licence fees, insurance and expenses.
We are the same as other businesses eg. If you buy a ticket to the movies, football, tennis etc. and don’t make the event for any circumstance – no business gives you a free ticket or free seat at the next available event.
Terms and Conditions
- If you would like to reschedule a lesson you have booked, we need at least 24 HOURS NOTICE. Failure to give the necessary notice will mean you forfeit the cost of that lesson (including illness or injury).
- Failure to attend your chosen day will mean you forfeit the cost of that lesson – under any circumstance, including illness or injury.
- Surf Courses are not transferable to anyone else under any circumstance.
- Surf Courses, Surf Lessons, and Gift Vouchers are valid for 6 months from date of purchase and can’t be extended past the expiry date. (Because of strict licence conditions and small group classes)
- Once your lesson starts you will not be able to leave the group/ class until all other participants lessons finish. – We cannot leave our students in the water without their Instructor to take you back to our Surf Truck.
- We reserve the right to alter any itinerary due to adverse weather conditions. If the lifeguards for any reason close the beach during a lesson and we have to leave the beach; unfortunately this is also beyond our control and you will lose the remainder of your surf lesson.
Perth Beaches are sometimes known to have currents, troughs, rips, shallow sandbanks and strong winds – we advise that you take time to consider these factors before you purchase your surf lessons.
Under 18yrs require parent or guardian to attend on the day to sign a consent form.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SWIM AT LEAST 50 MTRS.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your lesson starts. Unfortunately, latecomers will forfeit their lesson – we cannot leave our students in the water without their Instructor. – under any circumstance.
You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent Scarborough Beach Surf School from and against any and/or all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses arising in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.