- Please choose carefully as there are no refunds given for Gift Vouchers, Surf Lessons or Surf Courses once purchased.
Surf Course, Surf Lessons & Gift Vouchers are valid for 6 months from date of purchase; because of strict licence rules regulating how many students we can have on Scarborough Beach.
Important Please Note:
We run an early lesson time to beat the Seabreeze and crowds.
Early bird catches the best waves!
We will be closing from April 10, 2023, to May 30, 2023, waves in April and May in Perth are too difficult to surf.
Please use your surf lessons in spring/ summer as the conditions are best for surfing.
We are a small family business that operates under strict licence regulations imposed by the City of Stirling and Surfing Australia. Our licence stipulates we can have very few students at any one time. So, we don’t hog the beach.
We get booked out every session and if you don’t turn up for your pre-booked lesson; we still must pay our staff, licence fees, insurance, and expenses.
We are the same as other businesses e.g. If you buy a ticket to the movies, football, tennis, cricket etc. and don’t attend under any circumstance including illness, injury, flat battery, called into work, bad Uber / bus driver etc. No business’ gives you a free ticket or free seat at the next available event.
SORRY – ALL SURF SCHOOLS HAVE THIS SAME POLICY.
Terms and Conditions
- If you would like to reschedule a lesson you have booked, we need at least 24 HOURS NOTICE. Failure to give the necessary notice will mean you forfeit the cost of that lesson (including illness or injury or called into work etc)
- Failure to attend your chosen day will mean you forfeit the cost of that lesson – under any circumstance, including illness or injury.
- Surf Courses once started – are not transferable to anyone else under any circumstance.
- We will be closed most of winter and recommend you complete your surf course before mid-April each surfing season.
- Once your lesson starts you will not be able to leave the group/ class until all other participants lessons finish. – We cannot leave our students in the water without their instructor to take you back to our Surf Truck.
- We reserve the right to alter any itinerary due to weather conditions or any other circumstance.
- If the lifeguards for any reason close the beach during a lesson and we have to leave the beach; unfortunately, this is also beyond our control and you will lose the remainder of your surf lesson.
- We highly recommend personal medical and or travel insurance in Australia.
Perth Beaches are sometimes known to have currents, troughs, rips, shallow sandbanks, and strong winds – we advise that you take time to consider these factors before you purchase your surf lessons.
Under 18yrs require parent or guardian to attend on the day to sign a consent form.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SWIM AT LEAST 50 MTRS.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your lesson starts. Unfortunately, latecomers will forfeit their lesson – we cannot leave our students in the water without their instructor. – under any circumstance.
Each participant will be required to sign an – ‘Acknowledgement of Risk, Consent to Participate, Consent to Receive First Aid Form’ before their first Surf Lesson.
Print/ Read Consent to Participate Form